Monday, May 23, 2016

Thoughts on Christianity Today discussing the removal of Pastor Darrin Patrick from The Journey Church in St. Louis.

Excerpt from Christianity Today- 
"Last week, Darrin Patrick, vice president of the Acts 29 church planting network and founding pastor of The Journey megachurch in St. Louis, was fired. (Read CT’s story.) Among the Reformed pastor’s offenses: “domineering over those in his charge,” “misuse of power/authority,” and “history of building his identity through ministry and media platforms.” TL;DR: pride."



I was first introduced to Pastor Darrin Patrick over 8 years ago at the 2008 Resurgence Conference "Text & Context" in Seattle, Washington. I was riveted by his honesty, passion and biblical insight. I have sat under the ministry of Darrin Patrick for several years now and have listened and read almost everything he has preached or written. One of my all-time favorite books was Pastor Darrin's "Church Planter" and the "Dude's Guide to Manhood."  I've been buried in ministry over the past few weeks and just heard this tragic news today. I'm deeply saddened for all involved and impacted.

I'm praying that God would give the elders, deacons and volunteer leaders at the various multi-site campuses of the Journey Church great wisdom, guidance and strength. I'm thankful that Darrin Patrick will be entering into a process of healing and restoration with the elders. My hope and prayer is that God might use the Journey Church as an example of biblical correction, healing and restoration.